URBAN SOLUTIONS, INC. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
GIVE A SCHOLARSHIP OF YOUR OWN
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Today, we must all help educate our young people. Every year since 1982, a scholarship has been given in the name of our father Pressley Green, a 1931 graduate of Cass Tech. He personally financed the college education of several young people in our community. The Pressley Green Scholarship Fund was established after his brutal murder by two misdirected youth, lost in the pursuit of life.
Now, individuals and corporate leaders also fund scholarships. This allows the awarding of more scholarships each year. We know that the need is great because we receive between 75 and 100 applications each year. Today, in addition to the Pressley Green Scholarship, we have the Herman B. Howard Scholarship, the Allen Legal Group Scholarship, the Benie Grier, Esq. Scholarship and the Sommers Schwartz Silver Schwartz, P.C. Scholarship. All of these scholarships are in the amount of $1000.00. Xcellence Consulting, Inc, Vincent and Betty Little and Dr. Roy Robertson have contributed $500.00 for a book award. Let us add your personalized scholarship to this list.
Many families, groups, and corporations have the desire to give a scholarship but do not have the time to devote to the process. Let us help you make this dream come true. Here is how it works:
Urban Solutions, Inc. will:
- Provide applications and make them available to students through their local school counselors and our website.
- Collect and review all applications according to criteria established by Urban Solutions, Inc. or by you or your organization.
- Meet with counselors to troubleshoot any problems or concerns.
- Evaluate applications and test scores
- Conduct student interviews.
- Select awardees (optional)
- Arrange for the awarding of the scholarships.
- Invite you to present your special scholarship and take pictures
- Prepare and send out a press release.
You may elect to:
- Provide specific criteria for your scholarship
- Participate in the interview process and selection process.
- Present your scholarship
- You will be responsible for providing a minimum of $500 for a $1000.00 scholarship or the amount of your scholarship or book award and $100.00 to help defray expenses. Urban Solutions, Inc. is a 501 (c )(3) non-profit corporation. Your donation is tax deductible.
This is a win, win situation. You help us help more students.
We help you give a scholarship.
If you have any questions please contact:
Mrs. Nancy Allen.