2021 HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR
DUE date extended JUNE 18, 2021
Scholarships of $1000.00 and book awards of $500.00 will be given to graduating high school seniors with a demonstrated academic ability and community service. More than one scholarship will be given. Visit the Scholarships page for a list of the scholarships to be given. Each scholarship will be given directly to the student. Scholarships will be granted based on the criteria listed below. Only one application is required for consideration of all scholarships.
Criteria: A High School senior graduating this current year:
- Active community service
toan institution of higher learning, (Letter of acceptance required)
- With a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
- The student must live in the City of Detroit Michigan.
Student selection will be based on:
- Academic ability
- Active community involvement
- Financial need
- Two recommendations from teachers, ministers, community leaders or counselors
- Essay: Pick a quote that describes a lot about you, and explain why you connect with it. (300-400) words, double-spaced, typed or computer-processed on 8 1/2 X 11 white paper).
- Interview by the Urban Solutions, Inc., Scholarship Committee.
Urban Solutions, Inc., must receive the
Urban Solutions, Inc.
269 Walker Street #124
Detroit, MI 48207
Please type or computer generate all information. Applications that are incomplete or received after June 18,
Be sure your application includes:
- You only need to fill out one application to be considered for all applicable scholarships.
- Application (Completed and signed) No staples, please.
- Print or type applicant’s name at the top right-hand corner of every page
- Official transcript. No staples, please.
- Two recommendations. No staples, please.
- Copy of college acceptance letter. No staples, please.
- Essay. All additional pages submitted on 8 1/2” X 11” white paper No staples, please.
- SAT and/or ACT test scores if applicable. No staples, please.
For Additional information call:
Mrs. Reasonover at (313) 673-3156 or
Mrs. McClendon at (847) 594-5338
Scholarships are open to all Detroit H.S. students
regardless of color, race, creed or religious beliefs.
Family members are not eligible.