Scholarships will be given to students currently attending College. They must have completed their first year of college with demonstrated academic ability and community service. Scholarships will be given directly to the student. Scholarships will be granted based on the criteria listed below.
Criteria: A college student that has completed their first year of college:
1. With a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (4.0 scale),
2. Active community service and
3. A demonstrated need for financial assistance.
Student selection will be based on:
1. Academic ability,
2. Active community involvement,
3. Financial need
4. One recommendation from instructors, ministers, counselors or community leaders.
5. Essay: The essay should discuss your career goals, overcoming hardships, why you should receive this scholarship and how it will help you. Discuss your plans for making a difference in your community. Include any other information that you feel is relevant. The essay should be 400 words or less, double-spaced, typed or computer processed on 8 1/2 X 11 white paper)
Urban Solutions, Inc., must receive the application and all accompanying material listed below on or before May 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM. Applications that are incomplete or received after May 4, 2018 will not be considered. Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final