2018 HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR
Due May 4, 2018
Scholarships of $1000.00 and book awards of $500.00 will be given to graduating high school seniors with a demonstrated academic ability and community service. More than one scholarship will be given. Visit the Scholarships page for a list of the scholarships to be given. Each scholarship will be given directly to the student. Scholarships will be granted based on the criteria listed below. Only one application is required for consideration of all scholarships.
Criteria: A High School senior graduating this current year:
- Active community service
- Acceptance to an institution of higher learning, (Letter of acceptance required)
- With a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
- Student must live in the City of Detroit Michigan.
Student selection will be based on:
- Academic ability
- Active community involvement
- Financial need
- Two recommendations from teachers, ministers, community leaders or counselors
- Essay: discuss your career goals, overcoming hardships, why you should receive this scholarship and how it will help you. Discuss your plans for making a difference in your community. Include other information that you feel is relevant. (300-400) words, double-spaced, typed or computer processed on 8 1/2 X 11 white paper).
- Interview by the Urban Solutions, Inc., Scholarship committee.
Urban Solutions, Inc., must receive application and all accompanying material listed below on or before May 4, 2018 at 7:00pm.
Please type or computer generate all information. Applications that are incomplete or received after May 4, 2018 will not be considered for funding. Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final. Your application was not successful if you have not heard from USI by June 30, 2018.
Be sure your application includes:
- You only need to fill out one application to be considered for all applicable scholarships.
- Application (Completed and signed) No staples, please.
- Print or type applicant’s name at the top right-hand corner of every page
- Official transcript. No staples, please.
- Two recommendations. No staples, please.
- Copy of college acceptance letter. No staples, please.
- Essay. All additional pages submitted on 8 1/2” X 11” white paper No staples, please.
- SAT and/or ACT test scores if applicable. No staples, please.
For Additional information: call Mrs. Reasonover at (313) 673-3156 or Mrs. Allen at (313) 617-1926
Scholarships are open to all Detroit H.S. students
regardless of color, race, creed or religious beliefs.
Family members are not eligible.